What do we know about Aloe Vera and Diabetes?
Diabetes is one of the most common auto-immune diseases effecting the population, the number of people diagnosed with diabetes each year around the world is escalating.
Regular exercise, a well-balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle can help us immensely in preventing the diseases or at least managing it.
Lifestyle choices and regular exercise are dependent upon your work schedule and physical endurance, eating healthy is completely up to you, so lets look at the importance of aloe vera.
Here are some facts that have been discovered from research into aloe vera:
- Aloe vera is one of the most effective foods that can help us regulate our blood sugar levels in a natural way.
- Taking anywhere between 5 ml and 15 ml of aloe vera every day, the blood sugar level will reduce significantly.
- Regular consumption of fresh aloe vera beneficial for stabilizing the amount of glucose in our bloodstream.
- The hypoglycemic ability of aloe vera can turn out to be equally advantageous for patients of both IDDM (insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus) and NIDDM (non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus).
Reasons why aloe vera is considered as a natural treatment for diabetes:
- Aloe vera gel is rich in glucomannan. It is a dietary fiber (polysachharide), which gets dissolved in the water easily, thereby reducing the amounts of glucose in our body. In short, this hemicelluloses component can work as a hypoglycemic substance and lower our blood sugar level effectively.
- It detoxifies the body, which helps in eliminating the excess glucose from the bloodstream.
- It contains certain compounds like anthraquinones (organic phenols with specific aroma) and lectins (proteins that bind carbohydrates together), which help in reducing the presence of glucose in our blood as well as maintaining it properly afterwards.
- It can lower blood sugar level as much as 50% in just a couple of months.
- It has incredible antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties, which keep us protected from various other issues, such as ulcers, wounds, infections, etc. related to diabetes.
- Being a natural ingredient, it causes no adverse side effect while treating diabetes.
- It can boost the secretion of insulin in your body, thereby making the alleviation of diabetes easy.